Thursday, July 06, 2006

Travellin Fools


I think we are getting close to sealing our trip to Phuket (Thailand) & Singapore. A few weeks ago I was looking into renting a cabin in our local mountains for a summer trip. Then I receive our Budget Travel magazine and I saw the special for Phuket (pronounced poo-ket) ...6 nights at a 5 star Hilton for $845 (includes airfare on Singapore airlines). I couldn't believe the price. We are going during the rainy season but hey, we can deal with that. The kids will be so happy on the plane with their own individual screens but it will be a verrrrry looooong flight. We will supplement with Gameboys and lots of snacks!



I always try to have a travel journal but that gets boring for me. I end up describing our meals/food and stuff like that. Maybe I should bring my laptop so I can type instead of writing. Hmm. I came across a great travel journal on the internet http://gardkarlsen.com/index.htm . I found Gard when I was doing research on Japan and it turned out that he & his wife visited Japan (Toyko & Kyoto) earlier that year. He does a great job describing his trip with lots of helpful tips and detail. They also have been to Thailand and Singapore so we're excited. Another great travel tool I use is http://www.tripadvisor.com/ where people give reviews on destinations and hotels. This is how I decided where to stay in Maui and choose a place in Singapore based on the reviews. Of course, some people have a poor experience but that can happen at the best places. I look for overall good reviews and so far, I've been happy with my choices.

The pictures I posted today are from our Maui trip in April. We stayed at The Embassy Suites in Kaanapali. The first is our view from our balcony which was pretty awesome. The second pic is of the huge bathroom which was as big as the boys' bedroom at home. I can dream of a bathroom like that at my house. And the last pic is the bedroom with 2 sliders that open up to the balcony. The reason I chose Embassy was because like the name says all the rooms are suites. It was a important detail that we had plenty of room since we were there a week. I would stay there again if we have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment