Saturday, July 22, 2006

Play Ball !!!


Tyler's baseball team had their 3rd game today and they have improved so much. All the little guys hit better and starting to field the ball too. Tyler had 2 base hits and was able to score twice! That was a real morale booster for him! This game he played third base which gave him lots of opportunities to talk to all the base runners. I had to keep reminding him to pay attention but he is such a social, chatty boy.



The above pic shows Tyler after he hit the ball and this is his second time at bat. I like how everyone is supposed to remain positive for both teams to make it fun for the kids. They don't keep score and everyone gets a chance to bat and play. I hope Tyler will enjoy playing but he can get so frustrated and whiny when things don't go his way. It helps that he has 3-4 kids he knows from school too. I've had to use videogame terms so he thinks baseball is a real life videogame. To make him hustle and throw the ball, I say, "Turbo-throw!" Hey, whatever works.


Here is Tyler running home and yes, he is number 13. The team's coach was out of town this weekend so Glenn's dad Roger took over the coaching duties. He did a great job getting the kids to do their best. Hector had to go into work this morning so he missed the game. At least, I have some pictures to show him later and maybe this will motivate Tyler into continuing playing to show Daddy how well he's doing. Positive reinforcement does wonders.

1 comment:

  1. My kiddo would be very chatty and social too. I'd be doing the same thing you were!

    ReplyDelete