Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lazy Sunday


What a lazy day it was today! I slept in as much as I could with the kids running around. Last night we went to the drive-in movies with another couple and my friend Kat. We decided to see Nacho Libre with Over the Hedge (which we saw a few weeks ago). I really wanted to like Nacho but it really was bad. All the funny parts are shown in the commercials and didn't come off as funny in the movie. Jack Black was his usual weird self and it had the potential of being a good movie but it didn't work. Tyler managed to wait for Over The Hedge which he enjoyed again.

Our friends (the couple who remains Nameless) came over today and brought me dinner. Actually they said they made BBQ chicken and invited themselves over which worked out since Hector went to see his mother and I was about to wrangle up some dinner for the boys. Unfortunately, Nameless arrived in a bad mood. because He put the chicken in a shallow pan that spilled bbq sauce all over Her car and things. Oh, She was in a foul mood and proceeded to give Him grief. Boy, that was Very uncomfortable since we as parents try not to cuss although I tend to slip more than Hector. Nameless argued for a while then everything seemed okay and we all ate dinner. Every couple has their own way of fighting and I'm just glad that Hector and I don't fight like THAT.

The only good thing about their visit is that They brought Failure To Launch which was a cute movie. That made up for Nacho Libre (thumbs down) plus it's much easier to watch Matthew McConaughey! Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment