Friday, July 28, 2006

Best Sandwich Ever

For the last couple of weeks, I kept mentioning that I wanted a Godmother sandwich from Bay Cities Deli. The problem is that this deli is about 18 miles in Santa Monica which you have to drive on the most congested stretch of the 405 freeway and it is always crowded. The wait is up to 45 minutes during lunchtime but the last couple of times we were there, we noticed that they have a basket of sandwiches pre-made right by the door. It has my favorite sandwich (Godmother) just the way I like it and some turkey/provolone sandwich. The bread they use totally makes the sandwich special...the crusty bread with the soft center and a trio of Italian meats. Oh, so delicious. I'd go every week if I could but my schedule combined with the drive just doesn't allow for it.

Today, Hector calls me to tell me that he is waiting in line for a godmother sandwich but there are 30 people waiting. Yippee....but wait, what about the pre-made sandwiches? The basket was empty! Yikes. A few seconds, an employee fills up the basket again. Phew!! That saved him some serious time but he still had to drive home and then head back to work. And 45 minutes later, I had my precious Godmother in my greedy hands! Hector says I am like Joey from Friends who totally obsesses over his sandwiches. Uh, yeah, is that a problem? What a sweetie!! This guy really surprises me. Meeyai, honey!!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice hubby!! You lucky bum....

    ReplyDelete