Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bunion update


I know all of you regular readers want to see what my foot looks like after bunion surgery. This was taken a few days ago and actually looks much better than this photo after slathering buckets of cream/lotion on it. My foot is still a little puffy and I can walk on it almost normally. Not too bad (the surgery was June 16th). Okay, you can move on down to further subjects.


My mom just called and she says she can dial my phone number with the 1-310 prefix. So this puts in her mind that I don't know what I'm talking about the area code overlay. She says the phone company told her she doesn't have to dial the extra numbers unless it is over 15 miles away. Okay, so I try calling her back the old way...ugh..an ear piercing tone! I try She-ra's phone number (she lives 5 miles from us). Same thing. So I dial the 11 digits to tell Mom that I have to call 1-310 like the news tells everyone...now she thinks she is very special because her phone can bypass the system on calls to my house. The above photo is my mom (center) with her sister Alice (left) and Mary (right) with Tyler. My aunts visited my mom for a week then moved on to my other Aunt Ruth in La Canada for another week followed by a week in Philadelphia with Aunt Sarah.

I got our travel documents around noon so we are ready to go. I do have to alert the agency that they have the wrong middle name for Joshua. For some reason, Morgan was given to Josh (middle name is Edward) and it can be confusing because Morgan is Tyler's and my middle name. Hector doesn't have one because he said they were too poor to afford one!! Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment