Monday, July 17, 2006

The heat wave has cooled slightly and this morning I had Tyler play with his slip n slide. I try to have him do other things besides video games all day! No more church camp but now I know he enjoyed it so we'll do it again next summer. Tyler also expressed interest in horses so maybe next year I'll put him in pony camp and learn about the hard work that goes with horse care.



My good friend that I've known since second grade called me yesterday. She called to catch up on our lives and it was so nice. She and her hubby are in the process of adoption which is very exciting. We talked about mother issues although hers is much more complicated and sad. It just made us appreciate what we have and how difficult situations make us stronger. She only lives 90 minutes away yet I should see her more often. Sure there is email but there is just something about talking on the phone that reconnects us again. I need to make an effort to visit her one day very soon while Hector babysits the kids. I say that a lot but I'm gonna do it!

1 comment:

  1. LOve the photos! And isn't it the best to catch up with an old friend? Its like chicken soup for a mommy's soul....

    ReplyDelete