Monday, July 24, 2006

Mom's Day

It was another scorcher today and after hemming & hawing, Kat & I decided to postpone our fair date. The morning had scattered thunderstorms and rain which cooled us off slightly then it really started to heat up once the clouds were gone. She-ra called to see if I interested in a movie. Air conditioning? You bet! We saw the Devil wears Prada which was really good. I read the book last month and of course, the movie was a bit different in spots but still very enjoyable.
I was home for a couple of hours when He-man and She-ra called asking us what we were doing for dinner. Hector was out of it all day and he didn't feel like going out. He agreed to watch the kids while I went out to dinner! Woo hoo, no kids to feed and tend to? My lucky day. Since Hector wasn't with us, we had dinner at Joe's Crab Shack because Hector hates the fishy smell & most seafood (but he'll eat sushi and shrimp). It was awesome...snow crab, potatoes & corn. Plus we shared dessert a huge chocolate cake and bananas foster. SO YUMMY.
I came back stuffed to my sweltering home. Ugh. I got the kids ready for bed so my honey & I could watch Shaun of the Dead. I usually don't like horror movies but this was more of a comedy with zombies. Not too gory or scary plus it had British actors. Brilliant! Now it's back to my normal week and Joshua's last week of summer school. we'll be spending lots of time at Disneyland and Legoland next month before we head off to Thailand.

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to see The Devil Wears Prada. And now your making me hungry for chocolate cake... Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta see Devil Wears Prada!! Everyone said it's a funny movie. I'm so glad you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete