Monday, July 10, 2006

Howdy Partner

It's official now...Hector was made partner today. Yeah! We had a celebratory dinner at Koji with our married friends (He-man & She-ra). I had such a busy day and asked She-ra to help watch Joshua for a few hours. Tyler started his day camp at church which went well. I had a appointment for my 1st mammogram because I turned 40 & my MD recommended I get one. It wasn't too bad, a bit uncomfortable for a few seconds but the nurse was really friendly and get my mind off the fact my boobs were being mashed. I then returned home to She-ra and Joshua. We watched Project Runway (season 1) until Joshua had to go to preschool. I took She-ra to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen where we shared the bbq chicken salad and pear/gorgonzola pizza. Yum. We watched more Project Runway until it was time to pick up Tyler at day camp. Relaxed at home and waited for Joshua to come home. Then I totally forgot that I had a podiatrist appt at 5pm until 4:45pm but thankfully, She-ra was still at my house so I ran off. The good news is that my bandages are finally off and I can shower normally again. I still have some swelling but it feels so nice to have that nasty bandage off. You can't imagine what your skin looks like after it hasn't touched water for 4 weeks. It begins peeling and becomes dry and flaky. Totally disgusting. I've been rubbing lotion on my foot all afternoon but it'l be a while until the skin is back to normal.

So anyway, congratulations to Hector for his promotion to partner!

1 comment: