Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fourth of July

Happy July 4th!! We are keeping it low key today. Hector was overnight call and the OB/GYN department was busy. One woman wanted her baby on July 4th so her MD scheduled her c-section for midnight! Then, of course 3 more women came that ended up needing sections too.

Later today, we will grill some carne asada and hot dogs. We'll catch the Torrance fireworks show from our local park which won't be as crowded. Wilson park is having a big shindig with booths, food etc. with the fireworks at 9pm. Last year, we checked it out but it was way too crowded.

Thursday night is an official wedding celebration for my cousin Phyllis and her husband (?). I'll find out his name soon since I need to get them a gift. They are both in law school with limited free time and money so they had a simple civil ceremony. Her parents were upset that they didn't have a big church wedding with all the hoopla but hey, it's their wedding and they decide what they want to do. So instead, we're having a small family dinner then next year, they'll throw a bigger reception. I only mention this because the situation caused a big drama on our side of the family. It doesn't seem a big deal at all to me but hey, that's me. Not everyone wants a big wedding and I'm just happy she found her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment