Monday, August 30, 2010

planning

Oh dear, I'm kinda caught flat-footed this year with Tyler's birthday. It's been in the back of my mind during vacation and now here it is coming up in 2 days!! Yikes. Then I'm so wrapped up in that idea, it just occurs to me that my mom's birthday is the day after...double yikes!!

Tyler wants a laser tag party which is simple enough but I want to make sure that all his friends can make it to add up to 10 kids or so. I tried booking the event but everything is unavailable on the weekends. It's so hard when I try to plan a Labor Day weekend party because someone is always out of town. Hmmm, that brings me up to birthday presents now. Okay, we have one present, the Nintendo DS XL that we've been hiding since Memorial Day and that is it. Oy, another thing to think about! At least Tyler is at that age where gift cards are appreciated.

Then I get sidetracked and think about redecorating the boys' rooms. A Super Mario themed room for Tyler and a space theme for Josh. I wouldn't start on these projects until they start school but still I need to get to the more urgent matters like birthday gifts.

Meanwhile I ordered some Mario decals for Tyler's room and H ordered some Harry Potter Hogwarts bookmarks. I think we'll be doing some last minute shopping tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment