Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hats Galore!

The hat knitting frenzy continues. I absolutely love Noro Silk Garden which has long colorways and gorgeous colors.
Striped and Scalloped Cap.
Pretty jewel tones.
The pattern above is from One Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn Shop Favorites so that one ball of yarn can be knit into that perfect gift. The best part of the pattern is that it will fit a variety of head sizes. As you can see it fits Josh nicely and it fits me too. Thats a big range! :) Perfect for Christmas giving. I might have to get more yarn. Just kidding, I'm gonna try and use up my stash.

This next hat is called Astrodome available at Knitty.com. It fits a big range of head sizes also and this will go to Matt. He is the kind of guy who loves hats and usually is seen with a baseball cap on. He is also the type who is not afraid of wearing goofy or silly hats. Afterall, Matt is 6'7" so who is going to make fun of him?




Matt has his beloved 66(?) Shelby Cobra and always wears some kind of cap to keep his head warm especially going ultra-fast down some freeway. This hat is worked 2 colors at a time so it is double thick in areas which will keep his head and ears toasty.
Lemme think, I believe this brings my hat total to 5 in the last 2-3 weeks. Not bad since I decided to knit hats as Christmas gifts this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment