Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hawaii: day 4

Today was another kickback kind of day, just what I needed after our long day before. We came back really late the night  before so I thought the kids would sleep in thus allowing me to sleep in. Um, no that didn't happen. I heard them talking around 6:30am and I tried to go back to sleep but it just didn't work for me. By 10:00 am we were headed up to Kohala Coast to see Jill and her family. They are friends and neighbors who happened to be in Hawaii as the same time as us but staying further up the coast. The Mauna Lani is a very nice resort hotel with a big pool and beach area where the kids can swim and snorkel.


Great cabana loungers with hammocks and palm trees complete the perfect scene. Oh and add some green sea turtles that hang out by the shore feeding on the algae. Took a whole bunch of pictures of them. Hector took the boys out snorkeling and after 10  minutes I decided to join them. I barely got my gear on and was heading deeper in the water when Hector brings Josh back because Josh was too cold. Oh well. I got Josh settled in the jacuzzi where he became the local resident. That little kid needs to add some muscle and fat to his frame.
up close and personal.

It was a great day to unwind and relax by the water. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment