Saturday, August 28, 2010

Knitting update

I haven't posted any knitting since our vacation. I went through the hat frenzy but settled down with some other projects I had OTN (on the needles). Knitters even have their own lingo. :)
The above pair of socks is gorgeous with Fleece Artist yarn in Seastorm. Perfect name for the colors. The pattern is called Skew and this is my 2nd pair. I decided to try knitting 2 at a time which needed lots of concentration. This was completed over a 2 month period and I am so happy they are finally done. I was originally planning these for me but alas, they are very tight. Bummer! I think I will send them to my niece Summer who hopefully has narrow feet and ankles to get these bad boys on. Otherwise, I will be taking applications for women's size 8. It will be like Cinderella but for socks. :)

This blurry pic is of my lace ribbon scarf. This was my main project in Hawaii and I knit while on the 5 hour flight to and from Hawaii. I estimate that I have about 30 inches so far and will knit until I run out of yarn. The only problem is that I'm using sock yarn for this project so it is slow going. This I will keep for myself.

This is a project I started in Hawaii, the lace and cable socks. The yarn is called Alchemy Yarns of Transformation and this might be my new favorite yarn. Some yarns feel soft but when knit up they feel rough. Alchemy yarn is soft all the way yet strong. I can't wait to get these on my feet. It'll be my special luxury yarn. :)

Here is a pretty Arucania Ranco yarn from Chile. The colors reminded me of sherbet and shave ice. I found this yarn in Hilo on our way to the volcanos. The pattern is called Scrolls.

That's all for now since I have lots of knitting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment