Thursday, August 19, 2010

kailua-kona

We are here!!

 After a long day of travel that started at 6am, we arrived safely to Hawaii. We slept long and hard so we are ready to relax. Our condo is decently furnished. It has one bedroom which is unfortunately on the street side but the road noise doesn't bother Hector or me at all. We are on the top (3rd) floor with an ocean view overlooking the pool area. Gorgeous. There is no typical beach wiith sand but a rocky beach so we hear the waves crashing constantly which I personally love.

Leave it to Hector to find internet from our condo. Okay we do have better access from our balcony but it's nice not have to go to the lobby for wi-fi.

Okay, I'll got to the pictures since that's what you're interested in anyway.

The pool is saltwater that the kids enjoyed but the pool bottom is very slippery. I took a quick opportunity to walk to the other side of the building to catch the sunset and just enjoy the scenery.

The view from our balcony.

Sunset.

It's been a while since I've used my camera so I had fun trying.
A great travel gadget that I use is Yelp. It is on my iPhone so it will use my current location to find whatever I want nearby like restaurants or businesses and bring up reviews. This is how I found Big Island Grill for dinner last night. A mom and pop kind of establishment that serves traditional American fare along with local faves. I had the chicken katsu loco moco and I thought I died and went to food heaven. Yum. The brown gravy made the entire meal delicious. Plus the portions were enormous. I finished about a third of it and took the rest to go. This morning I made another egg and threw it on top of my leftovers. Still darn great. Lots of chicken and I only finished half of this and gave the rest to Hector. That meal went a long way. :) My kind of dining.

Okay, it's to relax by the pool now. I'll upload some pics from Hector later...

No comments:

Post a Comment