Thursday, August 05, 2010

Future project

I have this lovely yarn that I bought in February and originally intended to knit a scarf. I did knit up the one on the left and didn't like how it was looked so I put it aside. Last night I was digging through my storage space bag of yarn and found the scarf. Hmmm, off to unravel it goes which goes fast with a ball winder.
Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica. Mermaid colorway.

Oooh, I found another skein of the same yarn! Upon closer inspection this morning and daylight, they look noticeably different.  Obviously a different lot. Okay, well I was planning a small project like a hat or maybe a felting project.

Now, half the battle (for me) is finding the right pattern. That's where Ravelry comes in the save the day or at least give me direction. I can input the exact kind of yarn I have and in this case, thousands of projects popped up. Awesome, knitters from all over the world tag their projects with this specific yarn and I can browse 900+ pages of items. That's what I did late last night. Okay, I only got through about 40 pages and started seeing the same projects.

So now I have a better idea what to do and the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment