Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's Alive!!!

Remember my drowned camera ? Well, today Hector decided to try it one more time and it worked!! OMG, it's a miracle! I for sure thought it was a goner but after 30 days (more or less) the water must have evaporated completely. Yay! But now I have 2 identical digital cameras. Heh. Hector doesn't want it so I have a backup.



Today was the first day of school for both boys and it went smoothly. It was fun to see familiar faces again. Poor Sheri had her little boy start pre-K at another school so we helped out with getting her daughter settled into her new class today while Sheri had to deal with the kindergarten transition. Her son's school starts at 8:45 am while we start at 9:00 am which leaves her very little time to get from one to another school especially today (parking was a mess). Hopefully her son will settle in to school quickly so she can take her son to school first then bring her daughter afterwards.



Hector had the day off so during the few hours while both boys are in school we went to the bowling alley to try out our new balls! Yippee! We bowled 3 games and my game started off promising but I quickly burned out. Hector's final game was his best and he scored a 162! That is his personal best so far and he's very happy. It makes such a big difference having your own bowling ball that fits your hand etc. Overall we had great fun! I'm starting to learn the little subtleties that make a huge difference in my game but I think I'll need some wrist support for the future. My wrist is aching now. Later in the afternoon, my new shoes arrived and they look and feel good!!




Aren't they super cute? I didn't get them in time for our game but next time should be loads of fun. Maybe they'll improve my game?

Man, as I'm typing this I realize that I did a lot today and it was all fun! That's because I booked our Canada trip for next month! With the internet now, anyone can be their own travel agent and many of the travel sites are so easy to use. I used Expedia and once I figured out how to book multiple destinations and flights to and from different cities, it was a snap to browse for hotels that would suit us! Hector tried calling a travel agent to see if they could find a nonstop flight to Montreal but it was several hours before she called back and had to get the same info that the first woman took. During that time I found a nonstop flight (yesterday's search had us connect in Chicago) and arranged the hotel stays and rail passes between cities! No wonder so many travel agencies are out of business!

We will be flying to Montreal in October where we will stay at the Hotel Sofitel Montreal for 4 nights then take the train to Quebec City for another 4 nights at Hilton Quebec. Hector and I have never been to either city so we're very excited to explore and experience Canada. I'm trying to calculate how much money we're saving by going through Expedia so give me a few moments. By booking through Expedia we saved about $400 rather than booking it separately. Woot.

Also while we were at the bowling alley, we booked Tyler's birthday for September 29th. There will be bowling and laser tag with pizza and soda. Tyler has been looking forward to this for about a month so he has to wait a couple weeks longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment