Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rainy Day

On Saturday I was planning to relax all day but around 8am the phone started ringing which woke us up. I misplaced the phone so it kept ringing then Hector's pager went off...turns out it was G asking Hector is we wanted G's seats for the UCLA football game that night. I didn't want to go knowing that is rained the previous night and probably more for today. Hector said he could ask someone else but in the meantime Hector has to go pick up the tickets.



Hector jumps on his motorcycle even though it looks like it'll rain again. I ask that maybe since Hector will be somewhat near Santa Monica he can pick up some godmother sandwiches at Bay Cities deli. Sure. While he is gone, Lupe calls and says she and her friend R will go to the UCLA game with Hector. Okay so that's set.



Hector calls and says he's waiting out the rain a bit but he has the sandwiches (yeah). I'm puttering around the house and loading the dishwasher when the skies opened up and it began pouring. It only lasted about 5 minutes and moved on but I was concerned about Hector. I know he is a very good rider but I have to worry about other drivers especially in the rain! Hector makes it home with the sandwiches but he is drenched! Yes, he got caught in the down pour and he starts stripping on the porch. Ha, he wrung out his socks which were soaked. after we got his dry, we dug into those sandwiches! So delicious!



After lunch, Hector promptly passes out on the sofa and I was a bit sleepy too. I was going to take a nap but the phone started ringing so I had to still find the phone. ugh. Oh well, I called Kat to see what she was up too and I decided to rustle the kids up to visit her at her parents house. The kids had fun playing with Bobbie and Cece while I caught up with Kat and her recent travels. It was lots of fun. Kat gave some cool souvenirs like my kilt beach towel which is an absolute hoot and the kids got a crusader outfit and a Nessie stuffie.

By the time we got home, Hector left for the UCLA game but I found the game on TV and settled down to watch. It was a really good game with some big touchdowns and interceptions. I liked the fact that I could watch it from home instead of sitting on some hard seat smooshed in with thousands of screaming fans. Don't get me wrong, normally I would go but I just didn't feel up to it this time. Maybe I'm conserving my energy for the Kings season which is coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment