Sunday, August 12, 2007

That Didn't Take Long

My little Canon Digital camera that I bought a couple of weeks ago has already bitten the dust or I should say drowned. Our last visit to Soak City was the last day that my camera enjoyed life. I brought it before to the water park because I have a nifty waterproof bag Aquapac that I keep all our valuables in ie. car keys, money, cell phone and camera. It really works great although the trick is to close it each time...are you starting to get the idea of where this is going? Hector usually wears it and while we were in the wave pool he opens the pouch up in fairly shallow water to get out a wristband for Tyler. The waves were going at the time but sometimes they really splash up which probably happened because a few minutes later we notice our money is all wet inside the pouch. Not a good sign. I grab the camera and go to our chairs. I turned on the camera which turned on okay but then the screen slowly started to flicker and fade while the LED light slowly dimmed then blackness. Hector thought maybe we'd give it a few days to air dry and maybe it'll work but it's been about a week and no sign of life. Poor little camera I hardly knew you but I think one week will be enough mourning time for a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment