Monday, September 10, 2007

Tidbits

I keep getting bug/flea bites on my feet about 1 or 2 bites every few days which is starting to drive me slowly nuts. Ever since I was a child, fleas, mosquitos or any blood sucking critter is magically drawn to me so I 'm not surprised by it but more by the source of these suckers. we don't have any pets except the 2 goldfish. I haven't visited anybody that has pets or hung out at any lakes. Maybe the heat wave spawned more bugs lately which have to eat and the word out that my blood is extra tasty. We walk to school and back every day...hey I have passed a couple of dogs on their walks so maybe the fleas bit me then because that would explain why my bite are only on my feet. People always say their pet doesn't have fleas because they don't get bites so how do I get bites on me?



We planned to bring my mom's car to the body shop today. The plan was for Hector to drive her car and I would pick him up. I had to run an errand (which I'll go into more later) so I was going to pick him up in about 30 minutes (he had to go to the bank beforehand). I was on my way back to the car when Hectors calls to say the bank computers are down so he has to go to another branch. Fine...I'll run home fast to look for something on the computer. I'm at the computer when Hector calls again and this time he says, "I left my wallet in my jeans."

Okay, not uncommon for my absent-minded hubby but he did defend himself by saying he switched pants because we went on a motorcycle ride last night. Whatever. So he leaves again and after 10 minutes I head on over to the body shop. My mom has had various fender benders and accidents over the last 4 years or so along with other family members so we are regular customers at Earl Scheib. I swear the manager and employees recognize us! They just laugh when they see us and ask which car is it this time. Hey when you're frequent customers it's good to know a cheaper alternative to fix body damage. Hector jumps in with me and we head on over to Lowes to pick up some toilet part for my mom when Hector reaches into his pocket and pulls out the car keys to my mom's car! Hmmm, I think that Earl Scheib needs that...so I discuss with Hector any medical procedures or medication that he can take for his absent brain. That's just one of my dear hubby's quirks and believe it or not, it doesn't really bother me although I do like to roll my eyes at him and sigh (a lot).



My errand was to go to Sunglass Hut because unfortunately I dropped my Revo sunglasses on the tile in the kitchen yesterday. I noticed this morning that one of the lens is cracked. Ugh. These are the same sunglasses that Hector gave me some flack because I spent $300 on them. I remember that SGH has a policy to offer the same sunglasses at 50% off but do I really want to spend $150 and replace them? I might contact Revo to see how much it is to replace just the lens. I don't think it should be more than $150 so we'll see.




In other news, Tyler disobeyed the rule of NO PLAYING ON THE STAIRS and this is the result. He managed to get a big rug burn on his nose while sliding down the stairs on his stomach. I didn't see the real injury until the next day so he received scoldings from both of us plus Grandma. Tyler didn't appreciate me taking a picture of his face this morning but I told him that I had to because it will be a reminder to listen to his parents. Kind of like a mug shot, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment