Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Snippets

stuff I did today and thoughts include:
  1. My friend Sheri has never visited Costco for fun or eaten at the snack bar. I was astounded when that she told me this fact! Sure, people usually go to Costco to pick up necessary items but she says her husband buys the items on their list and get out. I inivited her to cruise the aisles with me and she struck gold with the find of the DC Justice League action figures in the toy aisle. Her son A loves them and his birthday is coming up so this was perfect for him. We topped off our visit with some pizza and nonfat yougurt which the kids loved. I think Sheri has a better view of Costco shopping now!
  2. Josh went poop in his toilet today! Wheeee! He announced that he had to go potty even though he just went a few minutes ago so he pulled down his pants and sat on his potty chair (usually he stands to pee) & pooped! I know it might be too much information but I'm very pleased and proud of my young boy. This calls for a celebration of chocolate ice cream tonight.
  3. I received my package from Amazon...a book called I Can't Believe I'm Knitting Socks. I am going to explore this area of knitting next month as soon I finish more of my current projects. I am about halfway through one sleeve of the wrap sweater and worked more on the beanie at Tyler's swim class.
  4. I had a nice chat with Kat...catching up on stuff. Over the weekend, I showed off some of my latest projects to Kat and her mom and they were impressed at my progress so that made me happy. I'm happy with my choice of hobbies that shoud keep me busy until I die!
  5. During my conversation I was reminded of another project, my photo calendar. I made one of the boys last year during Christmas and it was a big hit. Unfortunately, I didn't foresee how popular the calendar would be with our friends and family so I didn't order enough to go around. I didn't even get one!
  6. Hector is still at work (8:00 pm) but he will get Wednesday off. He would get the day when I have class. Oh Well.
  7. I have about 25-30 kids coming to Tyler's birthday party this Saturday. Should I start freaking out now?
  8. The Los Angeles Times had an article on 15 hospitals in the LA area that are hurting financially or about to go bankrupt/close and Hector's hospital is on the list. I guess we will come to that hurdle if it happens.
  9. I framed a poster for Tyler. My mom got him a poster of the mountains and lake that he admired so she had to get it for him. Now to find a place to hang it.
  10. It's only Tuesday...Dancing with the Stars is on again tonight. The women in general did very well overall so tonight we see the men.

I ran out of thoughts so maybe I'll have more tomorrow. Chocolate ice cream is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment