Monday, September 10, 2007

Opportunity

Even though Tyler is only 8 years old, he is relatively new to organized soccer. I think kids can start as young as 3 or 4 years old and that's great if the child is ready for it. Tyler wasn't ready and last year was his first year playing. It was okay because at this age they are still learning and at AYSO the children are grouped so that there is a balanced team. All children are evaluated and all skills levels are welcome and each team should have a balance of more skilled players and just learning type kids. Parents are encouraged to participate and good sportsmanship and fun are key.

This year we're offered LA Galaxy tickets to buy and this year the teams who sell the most tickets get a chance to play at halftime. I admit that we were not gung ho and not planning to go to the game. I know that other parents were excited and going to sell as many tickets as possible. Well I was surprised to get a call from our coach that our team will be one of those teams playing during halftime! Wow. Okay, so I guess we'll be going and the game is this Sunday at 5pm. Oh, and the kids have a scheduled game at 2pm too this Sunday. I had to explain to Tyler what was going to happen because we'll frankly, we don't really follow pro soccer. Yes, I know that Beckham is on the team now which is totally cool but Tyler doesn't have a clue. He has no idea of what this will be for him and his team; a huge field and lots of people. I hope later he'll think it was pretty cool that he was able to play at Home Depot Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment