Friday, November 24, 2006

Yesterday's dinner was an experience. My mom wanted to host the dinner this year which was fine with me because our kitchen is under construction. My mom lives in a 1100 sq ft condo so she is not used to entertaining so she asked for my help. It's a good thing that I knew where my flatware and serving bowls are. My mom ordered all the food from Whole Foods where she shops all the time. I arrived around noon at her place to help heat up the turkey etc. and guess what? Her oven doesn't work...it gets warm & I can see the pilot light on but no heat! Arggh...my aunt and her family are on their way! I called Hector to come over and look at it. Thank goodness, he fixed it so the oven works. Phew. Other than that minor snafu, it was a very good dinner. I think everyone(except out kids) went back for seconds. All the sides disappeared and some turkey was left for sandwiches today. My mom was so tired after it was all done but she did it. Maybe I'll be adventurous and host next year...at least I have some time to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment