Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy 10th Anniversary!!

Yep, it's been 10 wonderful years that Hector and I have been married. Add the 5 years we dated and that's a long time. Hector worked overnight so he could have today off and he only got 2 hours of sleep. He had planned a wonderful day for me that included a helicopter ride and a romantic dinner at the Sky Room...unfortunately Joshua woke up with a fever and a croupy cough so we will postpone our fun to another day. Josh is resting in bed watching his sing-a-long videos and Hector is taking a nap.

My eternity ring arrived this morning and it's beautiful! I spent a long time researching rings within my budget and finally decided on this ONE. It took me some more research to buy over the internet but I'm very happy with the ring. It came with an appraisal with a retail price that reflects my saving of about $6000. I plan to appraise it again just to make sure. Retail jewelry stores that I checked just didn't offer what I wanted in my budget and sizing was a problem (my chubby finger would bump up the price). I'll post pics later and one thing I didn't factor in is the sheer size of the ring. Since the diamonds go all the way around my finger it increases the width so it looks a little big but I can get used to it. I can either wear it on my right hand or on the left hand with my engagement ring.

I gave Hector his present, the new iPod shuffle which arrived last week. I even had it engraved from Apple and it is so small. Since I'm the iPod chick in the house, I am putting some songs on it and he'll be ready to go snowboarding with it this year. I just hope that he remembers where he attaches it so it doesn't get thrown into the laundry by accident!

I still can't believe it's been 10 years already. For the most part, we get along great. The best part that we are still friends who enjoy doing things together and we still make each other laugh. Hector has always said that we are soulmates and I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment