Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cabinets



The cabinets are mostly up and the men will finish with them today. We have Lowe's coming out today to measure to install the range hood over the island. For some reason Hector thought the cabinets would arrive already assembled but no, everything was still in flat boxes. The 2 men put the cabinets together and will do the pantry and remaining island today.





Here is the section where the microwave is supposed to go. Currently we have a large microwave on the counter that took up the entire counter and it also collected various junk on top of it. My goal with this new kitchen is to eliminate clutter and keep things minimal.

As you can see, painting is not yet finished. I didn't paint the backsplash area because we ordered a full backsplash of granite. I might have to double check that because to me it looks like a lot of space to cover. The painting that I did do (near the cabinets) already suffered some scrapes/peeling in my new paint. Bummer!



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast your kitchen remodeling is coming along. Real exciting!

    ReplyDelete