Thursday, November 16, 2006

Progress

I've been super busy. Of course the kitchen redo is stressful but it's coming together (a bit faster than I expected). The lighting and electrical is today along with Josh's preschool evaluation. He is doing very well and since he started their SMILE program, he is progressing quickly. Because his birthday is late December, he gets to benefit from another year in preschool before starting kindergarten.

Last night I was stressing because I had to choose the pendant lights for our island but it all worked out okay. First of all, I can't believe how much the store wants for each pendant light (I was thinking about 3 of them). I ended up getting a pendant-like light which actually works out better. I only need one box in the ceiling versus figuring out 3 spots for regualr pendant lights. The fixture I chose has to be ordered and shipped but we can leave it for later. Mostly, I need to pick a paint color and get started on that this weekend.

Yesterday, Tyler had a MD appointment and his cast is off! What a relief! His arm was dirty, slightly smelly and had sand stuck to it. Tyler still needs to be careful and no sports but at least he can bathe properly and hold a pencil/scissors. And definitely NO MONKEY BARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment