Friday, November 10, 2006

R.I.P. 2002 to 2006

Maybe I should keep my day job...I tried to change the battery on my 3rd generation iPod. This one was the one where they had a class action suit regarding the poor battery life. I could have had the battery replaced for free but I needed the original receipt which is BS but I couldn't find it. It was a Christmas gift and who keeps receipts from 2 years ago! So I missed out on the free battery exchange and this year Hector found the missing receipt. Bummer. I could just pay Apple $60 to replace the battery but I saw a blogger who replaced her iPod battery herself at about $40 from another website so I decided to give it a try. The replacement battery arrived very fast and I read the directions very carefully. It came with a tool to open the iPod which can be extremely difficult but I managed all right. The hardest part for me was making sure the hard drive was connected correctly since it just meshes together but you can't see it, you have to feel it. Oh brother. Hector had to help me with that part and we got the Apple symbol to appear correctly and the menu. I let it charge overnight and finally tried it this morning. Nothing...I see the menu and songs, etc but it doesn't play! I tried to take it apart to make sure and now it really doesn't work. I think I killed my iPod. At least I can send the battery back and get my $ back but my poor iPod is history (unless Hector can revive it later). So maybe I put in my request for a new one this Christmas (I'll be sure to save the receipt)!

No comments:

Post a Comment