Sunday, June 04, 2006

Whirlwind weekend



I can't believe how busy our weekend was, especially Saturday. Torrance city yard had their open house which is trash trucks, firetrucks, police cars and any other city vehicle on display. The kids got to sit on bulldozers and police motorcycles. We learned about recycling and survival kits. The best part for the kids was riding the shuttle bus from the courthouse to the city yard and back.

We grabbed lunch to go and then on to a birthday party for one of Joshua's park buddies. It was lots of fun for everyone but a very warm afternoon. We went back home where Josh and I chilled (he took a nap) and Tyler & Hector went swimming at the YMCA. That took almost 2 hours and then I packed up the truck so we could go see Over The Hedge at the drive-in. With the longer days, the movie didn't get started until 8:15pm so we only watched the one movie and went home. Ice Age 2 was the double feature but we saw it last time. Tyler really enjoyed Over The Hedge but the bear can be a little scary for little ones.


Tyler fell asleep on the way home which is a rare occurence. It had to be all the activities especially the swimming that did him in. Sunday was much more calm. Did some straightening up and folded laundry. I took the kids to see my mom for a bit then did the grocery shopping. I'm already tired and this was just the weekend. It's okay though since we got a lot done ,now I need to get myself organized for this weeks' events. Stay tuned for more hair-pulling moments.

2 comments:

  1. Just reading about Saturday made me feel tired! Wow. That was a fun weekend for the little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete