Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lame-O

Ok, I survived my surgery yesterday. They marked my right foot with a Sharpie to make sure that the correct foot would be operated on. I was given some "goodies" in my IV so I started feeling spacey once I went into the OR and then I don't remember anything until they woke me up saying that we were done. My foot was numb until about a few hours ago which is now a dull ache. I've been taking some pain meds but don't like how they make me feel so I'll just take them at bedtime. I was supposed to take it easy this weekend, stay off my feet, elevate my foot and ice it for 15 minutes every hour. Yeah, that lasted until this morning. We took Tyler to his soccer evaluation for the fall season and he did okay. I was kinda nervous because Tyler tends to quit & whine when things are difficult but I had a talk about always trying to do your best...blah, blah,blah.

I took some pain med after his tryout and promptly fell asleep for 2 hours. Good thing I only took half a pill. Our friend Matt came over and I was brought along a trip to Mt. Baldy (about 60 miles away) to visit a trout farm where we pay for what we catch. Tyler was really excited about it. The ponds are stocked and divided into large fish and small fish ponds. Matt helped Tyler cast the line and less than a minute, Tyler caught his first fish. Woot. After they fished for about 30 minutes, there were 9 fish in the bucket. The place charges about $1 an inch so the total came out to $74. I don't know is that is good or not but oh well.

So now I am propping my feet up and Hector took off to a party for a bit. The kids are playing video games and staying out of trouble. I don't know what is in store for tomorrow.It's Father's day but I didn't plan anything special.

No comments:

Post a Comment