Monday, June 19, 2006

And you are?

So yesterday, Hector took Joshua to Walgreen's for a junk food run and the clerk asked H. if he was Josh's granddad. Huh? Of course, Hector wouldn't tell the clerk the answer but he knew I would get a kick out of the whole thing. I do tease Hector about being "older" but he is only 7 years older than me (he's 47). It was a funny incident although maybe just to me.
My foot is okay as long as I keep it elevated. If I'm on my feet for a while, I can feel pressure building up in my foot & it gets uncomfortable. I go into the doctor's Tuesday to get the bandages changed so I hope that will cut down on the bulky dressing. I just have to get thru this week until school is out Thursday. My hectic schedule is almost over...I have a meeting about Joshua's occupational therapy Wednesday and I need to get a spa gift certificate for Tyler's teacher.
We didn't do anything special for Father's Day. The kids made gifts and I got Hector a new timex watch for work. Hector is low maintenance which is great for me. We went to Best Buy to look at dishwashers so maybe I'll finally get one to replace our ancient one. Oh, our niece on Hector's side called from Maryland. She is 13 years old and I have a strong feeling she was trying to wrangle a trip out here. Last summer, Hector flew her out to California for a week and guess who was tour guide? Yeah...she is sweet but man, it was hard trying to entertain a teenage girl and 2 little boys. We must have done some theme/water park every day and I was exhausted. So this year, I had to put my foot down unless Hector took a week off to entertain her.

No comments:

Post a Comment