Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Late Night

We reverted to our pre-children day last night and stayed up until 2am. Hector wanted to post an ad for a housekeeper then went riding around on his bike at 11pm trying to find a good place to post it. With the internet etc, bulletin boards are rare sight so he'll just have to find another means to advertise. He called me and said he found an Alberto's (fast food Mexican) that is open 24 hours. After clubbing (pre-kids), we would hit Alberto's for some taquitos with guacamole. It was our little ritual. So when he cam home, Hector says, "How about some taquitos?" Yum. Boy, they sure hit the spot. And this place was close to us! We used to drive 30 minutes to Southgate to satisfy our cravings but this is in our town. This place is called Alfredo's but it's the same food. Awesome.

Of course, I paid for it this morning. The phone rang at 7:45am and it was some pharmacist friend from college who is opening her own pharmacy. I asked her to call me another time and couldn't fall asleep again. I made a playdate with Sheri's kids at the park at 10am so I had to get them ready and fed. You know, the usual routine. Hector slept until 10am since he had to work tonight from 5pm to 7am. The time at the park was fun and I took the kids home. I decided to take my later shower and get lunch for Joshua (Tyler was riding bikes with Hector); I look at the time at it's 12:08pm.. oh man, Josh's bus comes at 12:15pm. Yikes. I'm trying to change him and get his shoes on and I hear the bus pull up at 12:10pm. I manage to throw in his snack and a towel for water play and hustle him out the door. Whew.

But wait, there's more! I scheduled an impromtu playdate this morning at the park with another friend Shari"s son Ryan. It turned out that the little blond girl Tyler was playing with at the park is Shari's neighbor. We showed up at 1:30pm at Shari's ready for some fun and sun. So the three of them played in their wading pool and had popsicles. So Tyler had a very full day and so did I. Joshua arrived at 4:15pm and he was already asleep. I took advantage of that so I decided I deserved a nap too. Now I feel groggy but better. I think tomorrow will be a mellow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment