Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mid-Year Crisis


I can't believe that I've blogging for 6 months now. It has been lots of fun for me and reading other blogs inspire me. It exercises my brain to organize my thoughts into a concise idea since I don't get as much adult interaction as I'd like. It's amazing how the internet has changed our lives. There are still many people who do not have computers or internet access. Yes, the internet does suck/waste up a lot of time we could be devoting to more meaningful activites but it has wonderful uses too. I'm amazed when friends or family ask questions that could easily be answered through the internet (personally, I love Google) thinking, "Duh, just Google it!" But I keep my big mouth shut, type it into Google and behold, the answer! Friends & family look over my shoulder as I'm doing this and marvel at the number of sites pertaining to the subject in question. Then a few weeks later, they will call again asking for another answer! And these are the people who have computers!!

So this post goes out to my best friend Kat...because her laptop is at the service center for 2 weeks! No computer for 2 weeks! The battery wasn't holding a charge so it'll take this long to diagnose the problem and fix. My heart goes out to her... but she has Tivo to keep her company and Animal Crossing! Ahhhh, that game is wonderful...for women. You have a character in a town with cute animals and spend your time buying/finding furniture, clothes, and make money by catching fish, bugs etc. I guess people would compare Animal Crossing to Sims but this is much better. I would still be playing if I didn't have kids...Tyler has taken over the video games now.

Hang in there, Kat! What am I doing? You can't read this for another 2 weeks!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this photo! So funny and cute. I have to laugh. And my parents are those people who don't have internet access and ask me to look up stuff all of the time!

    ReplyDelete