Friday, June 30, 2006

Well, it's the long weekend for the Fourth of July...we don't have any big plans. Tomorrow, my friend Kat is coming over to hang out & go to the movies. I am just happy that June is over. Both Hector and I had really busy month and it will be great to relax this weekend. It seems that the hospital is scheduling everything as a 4 day weekend although Hector will have to work on Monday.




Now I can catch up on some photgraphy reading this weekend so hopefully I'll have some firework shots. In the meantime, here are some pics of Japan. We were Kyoto in the fall so we were able to view the changing of the leaves which attract many visitors to the gardens. Also in Kyoto, we were lucky to catch a glimpse of a maiko (apprentice geisha). People flock around them to take pictures since they are a vanishing art. I f you ask nicely, they will pose for you. You can't tell from the picture but there were lots of other people snapping away too.




Last but not least, here is Tyler partying like it's 1999. My sister-in-law, Lupe went with us on our trip and she watched the boys while Hector & I could go out. Earlier in the day, we went to a 98 yen store (equivalent to our 99 cent store) and found these wigs and streamers. Lupe decorated their room and they had a great time dancing and eating junk food. Oh, Japan has some wonderful snack food. They have a white chocolate Oreo cookie that was soooo good. It was shaped like a Twix and had bits of Oreo cookie crumbled in a white chocolate coating. YUM! The problem with Japanese snacks is that they have a high turnover rate so once you discover a yummy treat, it may already be off the market. We found these and only bought 2 little boxes (in case we didn't like it) then find out we love them & can't remember where we got them. I looked at every store but they didn't carry them. Another example is my tea apple that I found in Japan and bought about 6 of them to take back home. In Torrance, we have a strong Japanese population due to many Japanese car company headquarters in our area. So as a result, a lot of Japanese markets and restaurants. But for the life of me, I cannot find this apple tea! I could roder direct from the company but I am holding off for now. It is soooo gooood. It is an ice tea with an apple flavor. It's not like snapple...it tastes more like home-brewed iced tea sweetened perfectly with apple. ARGHHH! I still have one bottle left so I can show it to Marukai (market) and maybe they can order it for me.Sigh. I might have to drink my last bottle this weekend before it expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment