Monday, June 12, 2006

My broadband connection has been kinda spastic lately so I haven't been able to post. Don't worry, there hasn't been too much excitement around here. Tyler & Joshua will be done with school next Thursday so I've been trying to organize everything before my foot surgery on Friday. Tyler's class is celebrating the kids birthdays that occur during summer months so Tyler's day is tomorrow. He doesn't want cupcakes or cookies like the other kids. He wants Otter Pops. Boy, I hope I remember to get some tonight so they'll be frozen. Plus I need to buy the needed items for the class party at the park. UGH. Too many things to remember.

Saturday night we took the kids to see Cars at the drive-in. It was packed! I'm glad that we got there early to get a great spot. The movie was good but Hector would describe it as an animated Doc Hollywood (with Michael J. Fox). I didn't notice but once he mentioned it, I 'd have to agree. The kids won't care or know but they will like it a lot.

On Sunday, I went to LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) with Kat & her mom. We went specifically to see the Gustav Klimt exhibit. I'd say his most famous painting is The Kiss which I have a huge framed print in the dining room. I bought it about 1o years ago from the Z Gallerie and I just wish that I had a proper place to put it. It needs a very large wall and my house doesn't have that. Oh well. Back to Klimt. I will admit, I had no idea of Klimt and his work but it was fascinating. The museum only had 5 paintings but they displayed the facets of his work. Photography was not allowed and it wouldn't have captured the details. I really enjoyed the exhibit and learned about the artist & history.

Sunday night: Dinner at the Chart House. Our friends wanted to take us for a birthday dinner (actually the wife) & Pammy insists that we wouldn't get our presents until we had the dinner. Hello? Our birthdays were in April! They live 5 miles from us but Pammy has to have things a certain way (anal) so we let her have her way. Pammy & her hubby came to our house but they ended up going to restaurant to wait since we had to take the kiddies to my mom's andsupply them dinner. We arrived at the Chart House and we took a quick look around but couldn't find them. I asked the hostess if our party was seated and she said yes but didn't write which table they were at. Then Hector says, " He is a big, goofy guy" and she looked blank but the other girl there pipes up, "Oh yes, I'll show you to the table." LOL. We were busting up because Pammy's husband is really a big (6'7" and goofy-looking) guy. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment