Thursday, March 27, 2008

We did it!


First of all, I completed my Peaks N Valleys socks today. Yay for me! It's the first time I used cotton yarn and I wasn't completely feeling the comfy factor until I put them on and standing them made me believe all the talk about handknitted socks. Extremely comfortable. I probably could have knit the foot a tad longer but there is enough stretch to be wearable.





Tyler has been feeling like an outsider on his baseball team lately. He is not as experienced as some of the other players or as skilled but he has improved so much already. He didn't want to go to the game yesterday but we had a little pep talk. I said I felt it was time for a basehit (I could feel it) but of course Mr. Pessimistic was skeptical. The other team was tough and both pitchers were doing well. Neither team got a hit in the 1st couple of innings. The batters went down 1,2,3. Each pitcher is only able to pitch 2 innings or 50 pitches total so during the game there are about 4 pitchers that take turns. The other team changed pitchers and that's when it all changed for the A's. We started getting hits and scored a couple of runs. Then Tyler goes to bat and crack, he hit a sweet basehit down the 3rd baseline which gave him enough time to get on base (he runs sloooowwww) and get a RBI to make the score 3-0. He was pretty stoked and I'm sure that boosted his confidence a lot and made him feel like part of the team. So that was game 5 and 15 more to go. Now Tyler can work on his goal of getting a runner out and catching a fly ball next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment