Friday, March 28, 2008

Beach Surprise and Fun



Last night the Kings played an awesome game against the Phoenix Coyotes and shut them out
4-0. Hector and I were so impressed with the game and even talked about it this morning. So it was funny what happened today but more on that in a bit. We had an outing with Sherri & Amber to Redondo Beach where they had fun at the park, a quick picnic lunch then down to the ocean to play in the sand and sea. As we walked down the stairs we noticed a Heal The Bay tent and lots of people on the beach cleaning up trash. When we got closer to the people I saw the Kings mascot Bailey and noticed the people wearing Heal The Bay/Kings T-shirts. I'm thinking to myself...is that the LA Kings team? Sure enough I saw Rob Blake who scored the 4th goal last night and he was super nice. Hector shook his hand and I got to take a picture with him. I saw Dustin Brown and others who I don't really recognize because they weren't wearing their hockey uniforms. :) But it was very cool to stumble across them doing good work in the community.






But that was just a small portion of our time at the beach. Josh and Amber had a great time exploring and playing in a new park. Josh loved the rolling log apparatus while Amber loved spinning in circles then falling off. When we were down on the beach, they spent time digging and playing in the sand but their favorite activity was running away from the waves. I think they would keep playing all day if we didn't have to go. Meanwhile Sherri bought a cool new dragon kite from Costco so that took us about 15 minutes to assemble on the windy beach but after that it was so easy to fly. On the other hand Hector had our little dinky kites which dipped and dived all over the place. It was lots of fun...too bad we ran out of time. I'll have to look through our collection of kites and find a really cool one to try out.




No comments:

Post a Comment