Thursday, March 06, 2008

Company

This is turning out to be the week of company. Last week, Hector's former roomie K called to see if we wanted to see the Foo Fighters at the Forum. I kinda wanted to but knew with the kids' activities I would be too tired so Hector decided to go. The concert was last night and both guys were thrilled with their performance. The Foo Fighters played lots of older hits along with some new stuff and even walked to the center of the floor to another stage where the guys were only 10 rows away. They are definitely a great band if you ever get a chance to see them live.

So K spent the night, met up with his sister in Malibu today then came back to go to the Kings game with Hector. On Friday morning, Carlos arrives to hang out, go to them hockey game with me on Saturday and eat (specifically rib roast). Tyler has his very first Little League game Saturday afternoon where Hector will take the kids while we are out. I'm kinda bummed that I'll miss his first game but believe me, there are plenty more to follow.

Sunday will be family day...my aunt's family originally wanted to get together around Chinese New Year but being lame and busy we postponed it to Sunday. We are going to make dumplings which are the perfect food. Self contained, tasty and bitesized I'm ready to eat until I'm stuffed! Even K was excited when he heard that was on the menu. Too bad he is leaving Saturday or who knows, maybe he'll try to extend his stay.

It's gonna be a fun and busy weekend. Tomorrow I'll head over to Costco to find the holy grail of rib roasts and find an extra special something for me. Hector handed over our Costco/American Express rebate to me so I want to get a cool item...I'll let you know what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment