Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday

Somehow I've caught another cold which irritates me greatly. This time I have the stuffy nose variety and hopefully can avoid the coughing again. I was able to sleep in so that makes me happy.

Speaking of sleeping, Joshua has been getting anxious before going to bed. We noticed he started crying before bed and wouldn't calm down. We'd put him to sleep in our bed and later transfer him to his own bed but early in the morning when Hector gets up, Josh would be crying again. This happened for 2 nights so I had to tackle the issue. It took some time to ask the right questions and even though Josh can't fully explain the problem I could tell by his anxiety with certain questions or words that he was scared. It could either be bad dreams or a fear of the dark/monsters. We can't keep him in our bed like he wants because it'll never solve the solution. Finally we were able to find a balance where I'd lay down next to him in bed while their night light was on and kept on through the night. So far we are at night 3 with this system; Josh still gets upset before bed but the protests are getting shorter and shorter when we explain that he has been having good nights. He hasn't woken us up crying and wakes up in a good mood.

We have another baseball game this afternoon so we'll see how it goes. Tyler and Hector went to the batting cages last night and had a really good time. Hopefully this will encourage Tyler to be more active during the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment