Thursday, March 13, 2008

sock time




I am making some progress on my cotton socks and the self striping yarn is pretty cool. Hector thinks it is funny how the stripes come out. At first I was skeptical about the pattern but it started coming together with the scalloped edges appearing so I'm continuing on with it. So far the sock knitting is appealing to me more and more. It is so easy to transport around especially in my big purse and this pattern is easy for me to memorize so I just keep on knitting. Aren't the colors pretty? It really puts me in the mood for spring/summer and the cotton is adding to it.

Somehow I misplaced my other pair of socks I was working on so this current pair is getting all of my attention for now. That other pair also has a pattern that I have to constantly keep track of so I'm a lot slower with it.

I'm currently trying to get a girls only vacation happening with my cousin so we've been batting around dates to coordinate our schedules. Our destination is Playa del Carmen so keep your fingers crossed. I should have these socks done by then....yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment