Monday, March 24, 2008

Mad Skillz

Yes, I got em. Lots of stuff to cover so we'll see how much I can get done. But first I admit that I have mad skillz which is completely amazing. Even Hector agrees. I can call his cell phone while he is at work pretty much any time during the day or night and Hector will either be a) intubating a patient b) inserting an A line or similar item c) putting in an epidural or d) any medical related procedure. I have this knack or 6th sense to call when he is busy. What can I tell you? I'm gifted.




So Easter was good; Hector worked during the day so the kids and I went over to my mom's place. She said that she'd boil some eggs so we (me) could decorate them. Well, I discovered that my mom bought brown eggs which will show how interesting plain colors come out. I was skeptical at first but the blue and pink came out really nice. Yellow, green and orange were not enough on their own to color the eggs so I started experimenting and got some interesting combinations not normally seen in Easter eggs.







I finished a boho beret and it is so cute! I'm already making another one that might be a gift (to myself). It was super easy and this hat is comfy and flattering. It fits my big melonhead and doesn't give me hat hair. Double yay! Speaking of yarn, I received my sock yarn today and they are better than I imagined. I am in love with all of them so far. I can't remember how I found the site but it's http://www.littleknits.com/ which had some really pretty yarn on sale too. I can hardly wait to get started on these but I must finish some other projects before I get ahead of myself.






Aren't these fun? I want to start thinking of future sock pattern for them but must hold back. Major willpower for me. Oh and on the receipt was a very touch from the owner who wrote down a quick thank you note to me. It's nice of her to take the time to say thanks and enjoy the yarn...it goes a long way in this day and age which will make me browse her site again.
Oh look at the time...it's time to pick up Tyler already. I'll try to get to more soon hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment