Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blustery Day








Yesterday was so windy at the ball game! I was prepared with our seat cushions, a blanket, beach towel and my current sock knitting. What I didn't prepare for was the winds to kick up every possible particle from the the gravel/dirt parking lot & ball park and deposit them in my eyes. I wore sunglasses but they were not enough to protect my eyeballs. I wear gas permeable hard contact lenses so any tiny particle trapped between the lens and my eye was extremely painful. I spent about 30 minutes in torture, my eyes tearing constantly then having to blow my nose every few minutes. Hector was a sweetheart and went back home to get my glasses so I could take my contacts out. I wouldn't have been able to see or enjoy the game at all.








After changing into my glasses the game was quite enjoyable. The kids were doing awesome and one kid even hit an infield homerun. Tyler was much better at batting and surprised us all when he made contact with the ball! It rolled to the pitcher and I think Tyler was in shock from hitting the ball it took him a few seconds to react and run to first base where he was out. But it was awesome for him! The wind made us so chilly that we huddled under the blankets and I was happy that I brought hats too. I didn't even knit at all that how windy it was!!








Tyler's team won the game and we headed home being thoroughly chilled so I made a nice roaring fire!! I've been conserving my firewood because I'm down to my last batch which will get me through about 2-3 more times so I'm hanging on to it as long as I can until Hector gets me my next load.




Here is a rare picture of me out in public wearing my glasses. And another I hat I knit a while back. I'm making good progress on my peaks n valleys socks. I finished the heel flap and turn last night then stayed up much later than I intended picking up the gusset. I didn't bother to look how to do all this with my method of 2 socks on 2 circulars so I got kinda bogged down and had to do some serious needle switching but finally ended up back on track. This morning I looked up in some books on what I should have done so I'll need to remember to try that next time to avoid some trouble.



The striping still continues which is a trip but very cool. About halfway through so I'm going to knit as much as I can today.

No comments:

Post a Comment