Saturday, October 06, 2012

What Time Is It?

Adventure Time has been on the air for about 3 seasons (?) so of course, I'm late to the party. I remember seeing kids dressed up as Finn but never watched the show. Kat got me started on it and now it's my (and the kids) latest fun thing to do.

I originally planned on having both boys dress as Link for Halloween. T would be grown up Link and J would be young Link. That's where sewing becomes involved and I managed Joshua's costume which is decent but couldn't imagine how to do the bigger size for Tyler. Hector ordered a Link costume to try out which would save me a huge headache but that costume did not fit Tyler comfortably at all so I had to change plans. Hey! Finn from AT would be much easier and Tyler would be much happier running around in shorts and tshirt (like he usually does anyway) so I was off to make the costume.

I really do like it and so does Ty which is the most important thing. I even have enough to make a costume for me. I can be Fionna (the female version of Jake) so that will be a family affair. Josh will still be Link and we need to come up with an idea for Hector....

Anyway, here is a few pics of Tyler dressed as Finn. It's not totally finished...I need to put some velcro on the chin strap and maybe get Tyler some cheap black canvas shoes.
What time is it???
Adventure Time

Tyler in DIY Finn costume2
DIY Finn costume
Started to run out of good light so I forgot to get pics of the backpack but we'll try again. Slamacow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment