Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Black Hole

Over the weekend, Hector bought some windshield washer fluid because I mentioned that the BMW was empty when I tried to use the wiper spray. So this morning was the day I would fill it up. Note: this is my 2nd car so I don't drive it much at all. I've had it for almost 10 years now and it only has just under 39,000 miles on it.

Okay, my first hiccup was finding the hood release. I looked under the drivers side dash & I saw the trunk release with the clearly marked drawing of a car with the trunck popped open. Hmm, I'm looking and looking and finally decide to look in the manual. I'm thumbing through it page by page and yeah, I find the right section. Duh, the hood release is directly under the trunk release button but it's a long black lever that lays flush with the molding. No marking. Now that I know where it is, I can see it but before couldn't find that darn thing at all.

On to filling the washer fluid reservoir which took almost 2/3 of the gallon jug. Tested the fluid spray and it works so I'm a happy girl. As I'm putting the manual back in the glove compartment, I see some iPod earphones in there so I pull them out along with my missing/misplaced iPod. Who knows when I put those in there but I was wondering where that iPod went off to!

I always said our house is a black hole where things disappear but maybe it's just us stupid humans. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment