Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brick or Treat

I've been working on these costumes and put a lot of time into them so I thought we might as well use them. We have Legoland passes that the kids really enjoy even though they don't have as much interest in the rides anymore.

Legoland has their Halloween celebration called Brick or Treat which runs on Saturday night with fireworks etc but we were busy (see previous post). So on Sunday I packed up the 2 boys with all of our costumes and headed down to Carlsbad.

Both Tyler and I have easy to wear costumes but Joshua's takes some assembly with all the pieces but it's so worth it. Hector stayed home to finish some errands and the shield. Once I got the kids ready we headed toward the entrance and in the parking lot, we could already hear shouts of "Adventure Time!!".

We received lots of compliments and recognition throughout the park especially from the employees and adults saying they were Finn or Link last year. :) The boys had lots of fun walking around and posing for me.

It was a good exercise in testing out the costumes especially Joshua who wore thru some parts of his boot covers so I had to hot glue them better when we got home. I really think they will like going to various conventions in cosplay now. :)

The shield is complete but I need to take a few more photos and get some sealant so it will be ready for the Halloween parade tomorrow and trick or treating too.

So enjoy the photos....

Fionna, Finn and Link take a break

Legoland entrance

Finn & Link by the pumpkin

Finn & Link with Dracula

Lego Spider

Link poses

No comments:

Post a Comment