Monday, October 08, 2012

Just in Time for Fall

The heatwave is over (for now, I hope) and it's back to a much more pleasant temperature. The cooler temps have gotten me happy in getting back to knitting.

Kat requested some legwarmers for her dad who suffers from cold feet/legs so I decided to knit some in worsted weight that knits up quickly. These are seriously cute and I've never been into the whole legwarmer trend but I can see the appeal especially in colder climates. I wore these for a brief time to take some quick photos with my point n shoot because I can't locate my tripod (uff). The pics aren't the best but they'll do to give you an idea of how they look and how versatile they are. I seriously want some now and will have to start charging commission for these and other items. Must keep the yarn supply going and all...
Knit legwarmers
Tucked into some mid calf boots. Can fold the cuff over too for a different look.

I love how I can wear them with any footwear or alone and still have toasty legs. I used a variety of wool yarn to keep it interesting but with my biggish calves I'd steer clear of the striping effect even though I love stripes. :) Plus I made them bigger than the pattern just because this is for a 6'2" man with man legs and the ribbing is stretchy and comfortable. :)

Legwarmers2
Looks good with any boots!
So happy and warm. Legwarmers front view

Legwarmers3

I think $15/pair is reasonable for some handknit wooly legwarmers...

No comments:

Post a Comment