Friday, October 05, 2012

Under the Wire

Very skimpy on the posts this week not because things are quiet (quite the opposite) but due to lack of organization on my part.

I finished another pair of socks while in Vegas which is a major hurdle since it's been extremely hot in SoCal for over a month then I went to Vegas (helloooo, desert) and sweated over there. At least I had A/C in hotel room which got me through it all, plus knitting at the airport/plane.

The pattern I used is called Scylla that utilizes slipped stitched which is great for variegated yarn (short color changes) but in honor of the yarn/ location of knitting/weather, I will name my pair Hot Neon Vegas. The colors are not adjusted but really this vibrant/neon hot pink and purple. A lot like the 80's. :)

Neon Scylla socks
hobbies collide
Here is the photoshoot which was sort of rushed since I'm impatient and didn't search for the tripod. I decided to liven up the shots with Josh's latest hobby, skateboarding. The skateboard is actually Tyler's who is graciously loaning it to Josh in the meantime.

This pattern was super easy and enjoyable. I would definitely knit this again especially for variegated yarns.

Neon Scylla socks2
closer view
Neon Scylla socks5
another boring pose
I'm gonna have to set up the tripod to get some more shots of this great pair of socks.

Oh, also this morning Josh and I did some more portraits within a portrait series which came out better since I used a DSLR and not my phone. ;p

Josh really hammed it up for me and showed me his natural smile instead of his grimace.

portrait within a portrait series 2
Kids grow so fast.
My next goal is to have this photo enlarged, framed and shoot another portrait when Josh is in his 20's (or in his teens).

No comments:

Post a Comment