Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stuff we've been up to

The DIY/craftiness fever continues...well, not really a fever but it's something.

Yarn necklace.
Add caption


My attempt at a yarn necklace...the pattern is called Seven Sisters and uses worsted weight yarn but silly me decided to use fingering weight which dragged on and on. The pattern shows about 6-7 loops but I got bored knitting I-cord so I managed 2 loops.

Yarn necklace
Add caption

It looks just ehh-okay on my but I think some blocking will benefit the yarn and even out some of the stitches.

Button closure
Add caption

I found a vintage=old button in my MIL sewing box that I thought would look really nice as the closure.

Meanwhile, Hector is onto the next step in the DIY Hylian shield. He spray painted the entire shield back/front a silver gray and let it dry for a day. Last night he masked off the next design and spray painted the area blue. I need to get a better photo of that part since the other photo is very blurry.

Hylian shield: masked off
Add caption
I'm also finishing up a pair of socks for the October challenge which is self striping, seasonal theme patterns or designers of the month.

This is a seasonal pattern called Summer Lovin' socks.

Summer Rainbow Lovin socks
Very bright and cheery colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment