Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Tuesday

It's almost 11am and I've done pretty much all the errands that needed to be done. Bought mailer to return Link costume to China which was about 1/3 the price we paid for the costume that will be refunded. Boo.

Deposited a check from our health insurance for some overpayment for under $6. Seriously? Lots of head shaking going on here...

Doing laundry, scrubbed some stuff (you know what I'm talking about), watered my plants and covered H's motorcycle (rain in the forecast). I feel better about it all so I'm posting my accomplishments.

I saw that GameStop is having a contest for a Wii U. Photos are sent in where the U is in the shape of whatever you can come up with so I need to have Hector and Tyler help me out with Joshua. Hopefully it will be creative enough to get us one. :)

Meanwhile, we are still getting Halloween costumes ready. Tyler's is all done. Joshua is about halfway and Hector is in charge of the shield.

Here is the pic of the prototype.

Hylian shield prototype
Josh is holding the cardboard shield and it looks like it'll be the right size.
This is what Hector plans to use for the shield.

DIY Hylian shield: beginning phase

Yes, that is a DirecTV satellite dish that H picked up at the swapmeet for $5.

DIY Hylian shield: beginning phase

Here is the backside of the dish which has just the right amount of bend. :) Our friend Matt will cut the metal into the proper shape, add the straps and then it'll be ready to paint &/or foam sheets.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment