Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SUP Saturday

Lots to catch up on today. We had a very busy weekend doing various things together and separately.

On Saturday, Tyler and I met up with Hannah do some some SUP in Santa Monica. This would our first time trying SUP in the ocean (Tyler & me) and it was definitely challenging. We received instructions on how to enter and exit the ocean with our boards so naturally I wipe out twice trying to enter.

The ocean was calm and it was low tide but the water movement took some time to get used to. Our instructor gave me some good tips to keep my balance which helped a lot but I still got dunked a lot.

We paddled out to a buoy by the Santa Monica pier about 3/4 mile out where we saw lots of dolphins and sea lions. I got to enjoy views of the beach from a different perspective too.

Paddling back to shore was very trying since it seemed like we kept paddling and getting nowhere. The instructor said it would seem like that but in a few minutes if we looked back at the buoy, we would be farther away so he was right.

I used a lot more muscles doing the ocean SUP so I'm still sore. :) Hannah has some more groupons for SUP good till next year so I imagine I'll be trying this again and then give my final opinion.

So enjoy the photos courtesy of Hector waterproof camera....

Waiting at Santa Monica for our SUP time

Santa Monica view from the ocean

Looking towards Venice

Hannah and Tyler
Hannah & Tyler

Santa Monica pier

Tyler and Hannah heading for the buoy

Tyler SUPing2

No comments:

Post a Comment