Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Vegas weekend

Had a great time with the girls in Las Vegas last weekend. Four days was plenty for me and we were able to check out several of the new places that seem to srping up every few years.

We stayed at the MGM Grand, mostly because the Frozen Fury is held here. With the NHL lockout, the game was cancelled which was a bummer but hey, we can still have fun. And we did...there was a drunken moment right off the bat and a electrical malfunction due to human error regarding the electric cart which almost stranded someone far from our hotel. But that's what makes a trip unforgettable. :)

I played Megabucks for the very first time. I wasn't doing too well at video poker so I put my $15 into the slot machine and when I was down to my last $3-5, I won $125. Yippee!! Another night I put my $20 in and doubled it so that game was lucky for me this trip.

We flew in on JetBlue and that part was super nice to avoid the driving/traffic. On our way home, a bunch of rowdy women were on our plane that sat a couple rows back but I'm sure the entire plane could hear them. Very annoying but it was only a 41 minute flight. And they were there for the Kings game. Ugh. they give hockey fans a bad name.

I didn't take a lot of pictures on my digital camera but here are a few.



David Copperfield bust
David Copperfield
New York New York
New York New York
Kirin1
Cool Kirin statue
Kirin plaque
and the plaque describing it.
I have to develop some film and will upload those sometime whenever....

I did notice how much the smoke/cigarettes affect my breathing while in Vegas which is a huge negative. On the strip, gone are the fantastic food deals like steak n eggs for $3.99 which I miss and even the cafes are not such a good choice. We had dinner at the MGM cafe and my burger cost $18. On the other hand, it looked like Monte Carlo is a better choice if we come back. Less smoky, wide variety of slot machines etc, and their cafe had good food for decent prices. We had a late lunch during their happy hour and I had a cobb sandwich for $6 that I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment