Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Second Stop: Saturday

Continuing on our Saturday travel day posts; our next stop is Solvang, CA. This was a first time visit for all of us and we arrived at around 1pm. Lots of traffic into town but Hector's parking karma kicks in and he finds a great spot. :)

We spent about 2 hours here browsing shops with a lunch stop. For my souvenir shopping, I look for yarn and this trip did not disappoint. Solvang has 2 places for yarn and I found some yarn that I haven't knit with before so I bought some. That way I can associate the unique yarn to the place that I bought it at.

We found a great pizza spot called Tower Pizza by the windmill on Mission. Yummy thin crust crispy pizza. We know where to go next time. You know it's good when Hector talked about it for the rest of the weekend. :)

Another find was the aebelkivver...just a few doors from where we parked there is a restaurant with a walk up window with a constant line of people getting this yummy dessert. Of course, I didn't get any pictures of it because we dove right into it. It consists of 3 mandarin orange sized donut hole type things topped with raspberry jam and sprinkled with powdered sugar. It was very good. I even convinced Josh to try some even though he shies away from jam for the most part. He tried some and after that he didn't refuse a bite. Next time I will try the a la mode version...with ice cream.

Windmill

Shops

Solvang

Phone booth

No comments:

Post a Comment